Water Leaks

Water leaks can cause a lot of damage and could cost you money- so you need to get water leaks fixed quickly. If the leak is inside your house, then you should call a plumber. If the leak is from your water meter or between your house and the boundary of your property (your service pipe) you are usually responsible for repairing it. If the leak is outside the property boundary then you should contact your water supplier to arrange repairs.
If you have a water meter in your property here is how you can easily check for leaks:

  • Turn off the water supply at the internal stop-tap.
  • Make sure your cold water supply is off, check the kitchen cold water tap.
  • Open the meter chamber and remove protection.

If either of the dials are spinning then this may mean you have a leak.
If you are doing a kitchen upgrade or renovation one of the things you will want to look at is sink plumbing. This might involve putting in a new sink or just upgrading your faucets. If you are putting in a new sink then you should probably call a plumber. Changing your faucets can be undertaken by a competent DIY enthusiast. There are a few things you need to do when changing faucets.

  • Remove the old faucet- this will include turning off the water supply and then removing the supply lines from your old faucet. 
  • Tighten the nuts to attach the ┬ánew faucet to the counter
  • Connect the water supply lines to the faucet.
  • Flush Out supply lines
  • Connect supply lines to new faucet
  • Connect any accompanying items to your faucet


Back to Articles



We offer professional services of commercial industrial and construction plumbing

Our Fully Trained and Proficient Maintenance Engineers are available 24 Hours 6 Days a week, to attend to your problems promptly and competently with the least disorder to your home and pocket!
Copyright © 2005, Plumbing company
Privacy policy
Main page     |     About us     |     Our services     |     Tips & Hints     |      Contact us